Monday 6 February 2012

The Weekend's Over!

What did I get done? Not as much as I wanted if I'm honest, something happened yesterday that annoyed me greatly and I've found painting when otherwise distracted is never a recipe for success. On the plus side I did manage to get some Army Painter primers, and have started on my next 3 old style Raiders/Ravagers for our big Apocalypse game in 2 weeks. With the spray it's so much easier, although I do need to then use 2 washes to match the GW purple on my other vehicles. In addition to this I got more Kabalites moved along the batch queue along with Drazhar, and because my basing paint was mixed up, I also finished the basing on a Warp Spider I started back in July!

Perhaps the thing that most excited me though, was the chance to do a test miniature for my Craftworld Eldar. The Dark City is opening a sub-forum for Craftworld Eldar and will require content to help get the ball rolling - what better excuse to get my thoughts on my Craftworld, named Mai-Bai (perhaps it's not!) pinned down, than a test scheme? The model is a little rough still due to the fact I used a Guardian bought second hand and it had been primed a little thickly with a cheese based spay apparently. I wanted to see how well it took washes, and the answer is badly so I'll be striping the others from the batch. In a future post I'll lay out the fluff for the Mai-Bai craftworlders, in the meanwhile here are the colours:

I did start some cleanup work on the Mortian tank too, but nothing worth photographing. The arrival of my Secret Weapon Miniatures 6x6 may push the tank back in the queue as it's far more tempting! The model is pretty cleanly cast with only a large gate to remove on the nose, and that looks lile it will come off easily. There are some alignment issues on the tyres, with the beading completely out of whack at the bottom, which is a shame. I'll be grunging up the wheels, so hopefully that'll be disguised. Here's the picture of the parts laid out, I'll do a more detailled review in a few days.


No comments: