Just clearing the painting table, where this has sat for a while. Just another quick and dirty Ork paint job on the Maxmini tankette!
Monday, 27 November 2017
another of my Apocalypticon projects was repainting the Armorcast Tempest I'd scored on Ebay a while back. After removing the old paint, which was a nightmare, and involved wire brushes, I found the quality of the old casting was not great. So after spending a chunk of time with the Greenstuff, readding gems, surface details and filling bubbles I was ready to repaint. Initially I went with my Mai-bai scheme of white with a red turret, but painting the white to the standard I was happy with, proved to be too hard with all those flat panels (at least using my usual techniques). Since my Revenant, which was also going to be used is in Alaitoc colours, I decided to switch the Tempest to that sceheme too. In fact I'm going to reduce my own craftworld to a just what I need for a Ynnead army and paint the rest of my guardians etc as Alaitoc.
Sunday, 26 November 2017
No updates for a while, as I've been working on lots of DIY projects. Mostly my garage but did have to do some additional brick laying/repointing jobs at my parents' place too. I did put some items together for Apocalypticon which was held up in Holmfirth a couple of weeks back including adding some items to my Dark Eldar and Craftworld forces. This is a model I started back in 2011, and really only needed to complete the crew and highlighting, but since I hate assembling the metal gunners I'd put it off until now.