Well actually sans kid. This is a little STL I picked up in an advent calendar I supported on Kickstarter, but it didn't print all that well on my printer - it still has issues with dome shapes for some reason. Anyway, didn't want to waster the print so added some Stirland mud and green paint and here we are.
This is another make something out of a failed print. This bearskin rug looked bad off the printed, but with a liberal coating of super glue, some green stuff repairs and a coat of paint, it's quite usable. Sadly having issues with the camera tonight, so the photos aren't the best, but best I can do for now.
This is just another piece of noodling that I've wanted to do for a while. A low tech world's militia guard, in suitable retro garb, with a laslock. Essentially an Empire gunner with a lasgun muzzle grafted on from some spare IG bits.
Inspired by the models I saw in the Kill Team Rogue Trader box (I think opening that game, was the best GW purchase since I bought Space Hulk back in 1990 or thereabouts), I fancied making some extra armsmen for 40k RPG games. At the same time I was wondering what to do with all the left over Empire Outrider bits I had from my Rough Rider project, and so, with some buying on the bits sites (Catachan legs) we have my first armsman. He's very steam punk looking, but I think that works in this case, and I so love that head gear, and because I have loads, I'll be making some Lavuran Guard troops with them too (my IG regiment that's filling 2 boxes in my hobby room with semi and ubuilt models).
To which I added a 'glass' cover using some thin clear plastic. I have just placed that in the reveal for now, as I plan to add some tempting relic for my players to steal, but don't have something suitable ready at the moment.
Here is the model in it's as printed state. The legs do need to be glued to the bottom of the display section, here they are just placed together.
This weekend gone, I was teaching my girlfriend's daughter to paint, and this was the model we both had to paint up for our practice : 80070: Pulp Hera Female Pilot by Reaper. This is my model, which I finished up with a custom base afterwards, so that it matched my other figures. I'm pretty pleased with the result.
Just a short one tonight as it was board game night, so little time for painting. I just wanted to share something I've found, as it may be of use to others. A while back, I bought a second hand RoB board, which was sadly missing the clips to lock the tiles together. All is not lost though as I found the following on Thingiverse, and after printing a full set, I will be able to lock the tiles together again. They function a little differently to the originals, but beggars can't be choosers.
One of Maxmini's models from their Green Alliance Kickstarter, a Gubbinz bot. This one has a flame thrower, the others have rockets and a scrap launcher. Obviously I'll be using these as Killa Kanz, along with my GW and kitbashed/scratchbuilt examples.
Haven't done any Starwars cotent for ages, so here's Reaper's Maria She-bot (50246), another figure clearly inspired by the classic film Metropolis. I painted this using my Vallejo Metal Medium, mixed with some Army Painter Dragon Red, and then washed it back with Army Painter Soft Tone. Since these photos I've added some very subtle highlights using the above colours and a touch of white - I've also painted the eyes with yellow.
Anyway, now headed to see service as a protocol droid.
I'm sticking to my plan of doing one post per day on the blog until at least Christmas, but today has been a bit of a bust for getting anything completed. I ended up spending over half a day clearing my spare room so I could extract my Christmas tree and decorations from the loft, and then had issues with models falling off desks and breaking. This was followed up with the paint water pot going all over my stuff and the rug - much cleanup needed. Oh and on top of that, the 40k scenery I was 3D printing decided to have a brainfart halfway through, before resuming, leaving me with a model from a 7 hour print that needs to have the centre section scratchbuilt as I don't have another 7 hours to spare. Anyway, here are some things that have been moved along, and will be completed in the next week or so.