Element Games

Element Games - Wargaming Webstore

Thursday, 27 November 2014

20mm Romanian MLI-84s Part 2

A little more work on these, I've added the rear AA MG in place of the 4th hatch. Mostly sytrene work and Dushka guns from Elheim.

2 more weeks and we'll be back to 40k, promise!

Monday, 24 November 2014

20mm Cold War TR-77 Part 2

95% done now, I just need to paint some some details, and then later add decals and bases (probably after our big game in December). The 3rd tank is still in bits on the desktop - if my headache doesn't return on Wednesday night I should be able to get that done.

Thursday, 20 November 2014

20mm Romanian MLI-84s Part 1

The Romanian version of the BMP-1 was the MLI-84. These were longer than the Russian versions, and traded one roof hatch for a machine gun mount. I'm using S-Model kits with some conversion work. I won't be stretching them as it's too much work to do well; the hull would be no issue but adding a mm here and there between the road wheels would be a royal pain in the backside!

Wednesday, 19 November 2014

20mm Cold War TAB-71 Part 2

It's almost done now - but this is a terrible photo! Just need to paint the crew man and glue him in looking in the direction that the turret gun is pointing.

Tuesday, 18 November 2014

20mm Cold War Romanian 120mm Mortars Part 1

Here's the start of my Romanian M1982 120mm mortars. Elheim generic 120mms with new base plates, and when done some removal of details which don't match the Romanian versions.

Thursday, 6 November 2014


I bought this on a Ebay a few months back - I've always wanted one of these as I had an Epic one years ago and loved the model. Obviously the colours are pretty unpleasant, so it'll be getting a respray (well a strip and respray).

Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Heresy Era Landraider

I don't think I've ever posted about this before - although I've had it partly assembled for years. It's a Landraider with the Chapterhouse parts on it. The parts stylistically look great, but the casting was a bit off - hence the amount of filing before these fitted well. I used several IG Lascannons in the sponsons and added extra plating to cover up the swivel mechanism, which was too apparent. Tracks are from Blood and Skulls, and ultimately this will be joining my Sons of Horus army.

Tuesday, 4 November 2014

20mm Cold War Romanian Infantry Part 3

More progress on the Romanians - poor photo as the lighting in the hobby room is bad.

Spores are back!

Well sort of, the new 'Nid Tyrannocyte fills the role of a drop pod (actually more like the Dreadclaw in that it can move ). Either way, I really need to get a move on and finish these pods, that my friend Linton made for me just before I left Canada - the right one was designed to fit into a crater, but will now need some rework to base it for these new rules.

Monday, 3 November 2014

Iron Warriors - Dark Apostle

I realise that the Iron Warriors are not really the army to include a Dark Apostle if we're being totally fluffy, but I had been given the remains of the Finecast model (just the main piece). I wanted to be able to make use of this, but since I already have an apostle for my Black Legion, I thought I'd convert this one into something I could use elsewhere. The replacement chest piece was just a spare CSM one, likewise with the backpack and Chaos symbol. The bionic leg is just pieces of styrene with Greenstuff for the the rubber gaiters on the joints. One of the hands will be a CSM bolt pistol, and the other will be a a converted Grey Knights warding staff (when I can find one)·

Saturday, 1 November 2014

20mm Cold War Romanian Infantry Part 2

Not a great photo but it shows the progress so far of the guys in the summer uniform - 11 done and shown here with the first SD-100 completed.

Urghul - one of my own

Before GW brought out the Court of the Archon models I started assembling a set of my own. I never finished all 4 as GW did in fact release theirs, but I never got rid of that set of half done models either. Whilst clearing oujt some stuff I came across this guy and decided to finish him using the spare head from the Finecast Urghul. Legs are from a Ghoul, torso is a Skeleton warrior torso with some plastic rod and greenstuff.

These photos were taken before I had completed the greenstuff work - the shoulder on the left in the pic below is now done.