Tuesday 12 June 2012

Jake the Peg (Part 1)

This is a bit of an incomplete post as the model here has now been finished an partially painted, but I realised I hadn't posted this week, nor have I got anything else in the pipeline quite ready to post. I've done a little more on my Stormtalon, and have done some 20mm WW2 - haven't done any of that for ages; but it's not ready for an article yet. So here's something I did whilst working on my Chaos army the other week. I needed a 4th Havoc with missile launcher, but I had was bits, and not necessarily complete bits! Case in point, I had one marine kneeling leg, just just one! To over come this I got out the styrene shapes, the brass wire and the greenstuff, and voila, a bionic leg! 




No missile launcher, no problem, I had this old RT era relic in the bits box, but the hand grip had been cut off and a piece removed. No problem since I needed to re-position it anyway! Since I took this shot, I boxed in the side of the new handgrip's arm and added some piping to the outside. I'll show that in the second part of this article.


Given the size and shape of the old rocket launcher the backpack would no longer fit, but if you rotate it 90 degrees anti-clockwise it does, well after you cut it about a bit! You also need to add a mechanical arm and remote control, but that's small stuff!

Next time you'll see Jake, he'll be full painted!

1 comment:

Mordian7th said...

Nice! I like the bionics and the updated backpack and trigger are looking cool - great work, man!