Thursday 9 May 2024

Titanic set back!

I had hoped to be sharing a picture of this, but with a completed base.


 

Instead, after a day in a not that warm room, the knees had melted (it's PLA printed) and then shattered once the top pitched forward - I was left with this:




PLA is hard to glue without lots of infill, so I was just going to bin the whole thing as the legs are one piece and were twisted and broken. Luckily my friend 'Fluff' Ben told me about a super glue remover he uses, with it I was able to remove the legs from the pelvis and feet! I've started printing the new legs, this time in resin!



It took me two years to get to having this almost done, let's hope rework is a little quicker!

1 comment:

Zzzzzz said...

Ouch.

And excellent that there's seemingly a happy restoration with your increased technology.