Tuesday 2 May 2023

Cyllarus/Centaur from Citadel Journal

This is a Centaur armoured car, based on the design in Citadel Journal. I have already printed one in FDM in 2020, but I fancied another.  I now know a bit more about resin printing, and have bigger printers than I did back then, so I did this one in the technically better medium. Saying that, this one got a rough finish because I made some mistakes - it'll be fine when brushed over and painted. I still need to decide what sort of hatch I want on it, find some exhausts and stowage, and then add similar details to the FDM one to bring them inline. The reason I've renamed this a Cyllarus is that it avoids the clash with the current Centaur, and is a slight nod to the Russ chassis that it uses. For those that care, Cyllarus was a Centaur in ancient Greek Mythology. For those that want to print their own and use them, I'd made rules to use them in Apocalypse 2019:

https://bigtoys40k.blogspot.com/2022/06/centaurcyllarus-and-minotaur.html










No comments: