Monday 18 April 2022

Wave Serpent and War Walker - Ebay Rescue


The other week I scored this Wave Serpent and War Walker cheaply on eBay but in terrible shape! Excuse the tiny picture, I can't get a better one from eBay now. The War Walker had both legs fitted backwards, but after stripping, and rebuilding, we get this:


The weapon mounts are 3d printed. I've got a file to print a new canopy, just need to load some clear resin into the print (I have clear blue to try), and to raid the spares box for guns, I'm feeling this one should be double missiles!


The Wave Serpent needed a lot of work too, and tonnes of soaking in isopropyl. I've had to carve out the driver, and will leave him out - he's too far gone. On the plus side, this means I can use the original canopy, as I'll be painting it since the innards are missing. I've removed all the upper body panels, and have reattached them in the right place now. Sadly I broke off the guns while stripping, but I'll make them detachable by drilling in some rod. I've some some stl files to replace the front 'fronds', the turret aerial and the gun covers. I'm also deciding if I want to break out a different loadout too, star cannons maybe? I also need to raid the spares box, or find stls for the underslung guns.




2 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

I've got spare weapons and covers if you want 'em...

Sir Tainly said...

Thanks for the offer, but I've managed to print a load! :)