Saturday 20 March 2021

Lost and Forgotten Part 1: Yrrthilien Moursong



I've recently come across a stash of old Citadel Journals, and these are absolutely packed with crazy ideas from previous editions of 40k. Among these were rules for an Eldar character called Yrrthilien Moursong. I won't repeat all the fluff here, but he's a survivor from craftworld Muirgaythh. Formerly he was a musical performer but after his craftworld was destroyed by Slaanesh, he became an Exarch in an Aspect of one. Finding an ancient set of armour and the sword of his ancestors, he set out to fight She Who Thirsts on his custom jetbike, named "Screaming Gale. This jetbike has had the weapons replaced with a sonic cannon. 

It's total edge-lord stuff, but the conversion looks cool, and it's just a bit of fun, so I've tried to convert it to 9th ed. I aim to update a number of the thing I've found in these journals, and then include them as options in a PDF for use at my events which I hope to start running later this year or early next, like the old Tempus Fugitives and Mournival events guys have, I'll hopefully dig out some of the stuff from the old Animosity packs we did a few years back and give them the same treatment. 


This creation was originally the work of Mark Hawkins in Citadel Journal #03, and the photo of the painted model is taken from there too.




What do you folks think of the rules?

Uploaded amended version 22/3/21




2 comments:

Zzzzzz said...

Koolio.

I always found those Tempetus Fugitive packs to be inspirational.

The mini looks good, but are you going to do a modern one of your own ?

Sir Tainly said...

I may try and do a modern take on the model - just waiting for a new resin printer or spares for the old so I can make some parts I need for it.